Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Adding Pizzazz to My Home



I wanted to introduce myself. I’m Amy Florek, publicist for MirrorMate and forever on a home improvement mission – part of the reason I fell in love with MirrorMate! Starting this month, I’m going to be blogging for MirrorMate, along side the company’s president, founder and inventor, Lisa Huntting. We’ll share design ideas and personal stories, along with updates on what is happening here at MirrorMate. We hope you enjoy and join in the conversation. We’d love to hear from you too!

To give you a little background on my love of DIY projects for my home, we bought a fixer-upper about 5 years ago (pre-kids, when there actually was free time!) and have touched just about ever square inch of the home. Personally, I’ve taken wall paper down and repainted every room, retiled the master bathroom floor and vanity backsplash, swapped out dated light fixtures and ripped out ugly carpet, to name a few!

Most recently I rearranged the family room (with the help of my three year old!) so that the focal point would be the fireplace – it had always felt lopsided to me. Then I saw a spot that I knew would be perfect for MirrorMate’s Pizzazz MirrorSquares! The room needs more windows so the mirrors really help to add light and open the room more. They’re in Portage Pebbled White http://bit.ly/pizzazzportagewhite with such a nice distressed look. Okay, off to attempt sewing drapery panels for the dining room…wish me luck!

No comments: